Monday, September 7, 2009

Milly for Clinique! {Oh, and I Survived Ten Hours at the Mall of America.}


Ten hours.  With three children, my husband, and my parents.  It was a long day.  But when you consider that there is a 7 acre amusement park in the center of this mall, loads of dining and snacking options, and more stores than I could visit in a weekend - it was pretty fun. Hubby even took the kids to play putt putt up on the third floor and I got some shopping time with just my mom.

We got to visit both floors (a couple of times each) of the American Girl store, I checked out a huge - I mean huge - DSW (no purchases), perused some amazing Balenciaga bags  That orange ("mandarine") is a  GORGEOUS color, and had fun shopping crewcuts with my 6 yr old (I couldn't find sizes in two of the new arrivals I was interested in and I was a little miffed there was *no* adult sale section at J Crew - and on labor day weekend).

At Bloomingdales, I came across this lovely Milly for Clinique gift with purchase.  Reminds me of the Trina Turk gwp from Nordstrom not long ago.  Conveniently, my foundation was running low!  I love this printed bag - and the products are very nice too.  The only one I'm not sure I'll try is the lipgloss with the chemical sunscreens.  I am really attached to all my natural Korres lipwear. (The website says this promo is not available in Florida or Atlanta stores.)



And here is a snap of Hubs with my 4 yr old and 7 yr old - finally arrived at the Seattle airport!  My son, bless his heart, slept the entire flight from Minneapolis - but he always seems to get tired walking through airports.  This is his new method of transportation.

Happy Labor Day!

xoxo

12 comments:

  1. Ohh! I love the Milly bag!! And your son is so precious! Glad yall had a great time! Welcome home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Milly bag is so cute! I may have to make a clinique purchase just for THAT! I love your son's mode of transporation. Oh, how I long for days when someone would carry me along...(those were LONG ago!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think i would have found a reason - any reason - to get the GWP. What an adorable gift! & your son is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting about the Milly for Clinique special! I need to buy some powder and lotion so I'm totally going to Bloomies to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on surviving 10 hours at Mall of America! I know how fun but exhausting that place can be. I love the photo of your son--what a smart boy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the bag!!!!! I need this!! WIsh there was a bloomies around here. Glad you all got home safely!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What is with the "not available in Florida" rule??? No fair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Mall of America is quite the experience! Glad you survived and y'all had a nice Labor Day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have always wanted to go to the Mall of Amercia! Sounds like you had a great time with your family.

    I wish we had a Bloomies in TX so I could get the Milly bonus! I may have to see if I can order it online.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back home! Glad to hear that you had a great time in MN!! Even though 10 hours is a loooong day at one mall, I bet you could have easily spent another 10 there just to make it to all the stores! ;)

    The women's sale selection at the MOA J.Crew is hidding on a wall in the men's section!?! (At least that's where it was last week!) It is such a terrible place for a sale section!

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMM -- ohhhh... I thought I looked all over that store! Shoot - I missed it! thanks for letting me know :)

    ReplyDelete