Friday, September 11, 2009

9.11


I have a very busy day today, like we all do.  Mostly I am happily going about my usual activities with the kids, work, errands, etc., but also I am  reflecting on the horrible loss so many families suffered on 9/11/2001.  

We probably all remember where we were when we heard the news.  I was nearly 8 months pregnant with my oldest daughter and watching the Today Show. My father was in Washington DC right near the Pentagon.  It took him a while to get home but he made it home.  My heart goes out to all of those whose loved ones didn't.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful idea, to post your thoughts on this day. I remember where I was. Teaching a class--and it was hard to keep my composure on that day, in front of teenagers. Very difficult day, and like you, my heart and prayers go out to all those who lost family members on that day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We lived just a few miles from the Pentagon at the time. I was watching GMA, putting on my tennis shoes and about to go on a walk. Diane Sawyer was doing a segment on fall fashion. It was the most beautiful, clear, early fall day. (The day before had been drizzly and dreary.)

    May we never forget. My heart also goes out to all those who lost loved ones or were injured in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was pregnant, too, with the oldest of my 3 girls (she was born later that September). I was in Seattle on a beautiful morning, watching the Today show also, as I got ready to go for a weekly dr appt. Such an emotional time--it feels like only yesterday to me, so I can't imagine how those more closely affected must feel. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete