Friday, May 6, 2011

Merino Confetti Stripe Sweater {J Crew Review}



I have to admit I was was slightly starstruck when I first spied the Merino Confetti Stripe Sweater. A mariner's stripe (my favorite) heavily sprinkled with sparkle? Yes. The basic style I love re-made totally glam, and quite different from anything in my closet. I nearly ordered it full price without even seeing it in a store.

I'm glad I waited because the price was reduced quite a bit and it was still available in my size. (The site still shows it as available in all sizes XXS to XL in both navy salt and graphite salt.) Mine (navy salt) arrived a couple days ago and I am delighted! The sweater is a lightweight merino and this is my usual size S. Being mindful of all those sequins, it isn't easy to throw on and off, but re-sewing a sequin doesn't require too much skill and they included a little bag with a few extras just in case. It's difficult to notice at first, but there is a button at each shoulder.

the back


And here are a couple ideas I've had for wearing:

Merino Confetti Stripe #1


Merino Confetti Stripe #2



Have a wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!!

xoxo

23 comments:

  1. Awesome! I've been waiting for someone to do a review of this! I was nervous about ordering it, afraid it would fall shorter than I like my tops. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was waiting for you to review it!! I received mine, too, the other day, and surprisingly LOVE IT! I do have to be careful,with so many sequins around my baby girl, but needless to say, I am glad I have it now. I think it is very unique and glad I got it on sale, with extra percent off! I think it looks awesome with boyfriend/slightly worn/torn jeans, too!! Happy mother's day weekend, to you, as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty in that top. Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it on you...SO pretty! I've also contemplated it over and over again, but have been unsure on sizing. Which size did you order? TIA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. DON & Gigi - Thank you!
    prettylittlereckless - thanks for stopping by!
    mrs.a - glad you love it too! I've got three sets on polyvore so far... going to try to wear quite a bit. Yes, I can see all those sequins would be hard around a baby!
    Fabulous Florida Mommy - thanks! This is a small. I usually wear 4 or small at J Crew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a beautiful sweater! Enjoy wearing it. I also like the dress in the same design.

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty top...looks great on you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sweater, looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it. You could do so many things with this sweater. I like how you kept it casual with the nude shoes and denim capris.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just left a posting, but I don't think it went through. Sorry for spamming if it did.

    Love this sweater. You could wear this so many different ways. I like how you kept it casual with nude shoes and denim capris. I would pair it with gray skinny jeans and gray vintage ankle boots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it's a lovely sweater and so great to see RL pics. Wonderful purchase!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mine came in the mail on Friday. So excited. So happy I waited too, not worth $150.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merino Confetti Sweater looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE, love. Would that merino were more practical here in Texas; I'd order it immediately otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. are you looking to sell this sweater? I'm interested in buying lrees22 at gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. L - Hi, no - I just wore it the other day, but thanks for the inquiry.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ann taylor-the loft has one very similar for a lot cheaper!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ann taylor-the loft has one very similar!!!! a lot cheaper too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi, I live in NZ and LOVE this top, wondering if you can still get it anywhere online?! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi, I live in NZ and LOVE this top! Is it still available online anywhere?! Thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased this last year so I'm not aware of it being available anywhere... resale on ebay would be my only guess. Good luck - I hope you can find one! The current one at Loft is a very similar look, only a thinner t shirt material whereas this is a sweater.

      Delete
  21. Omg i love this shirt !!! I know it s been 2 years but if anybody want to sell it i would definitely buy it !!!

    ReplyDelete