Thursday, February 18, 2010

Urban Uco Torrontes


There is a wine that I really like - Crios by Susana Balbo Torrontes (a gorgeous flowery, citrusy white) - that I don't see very often. So I decided to try a different Argentinian Torrontes that I came across at World Market last weekend: Urban Uco. (Okay, I also bought it because of the cool label.)



It doesn't seem quite as floral as I recall the Crios but it is similar. It's also well priced - I can't remember what I paid but I looked it up online and found prices around $10. Wine Advocate gave it a score of 89 and said this:

“O. Fournier’s 2008 Urban Uco Torrontes is a remarkable value. It offers up a fragrant perfume of honey, spring flowers, pit fruits, and a hint of tropical aromas in the background. Expansive on the palate, the wine is crisp, ripe, dry, and impeccably balanced. Drink it over the next 12-18 months.” –Jay Miller
The quote under the picture says "We know who we are, but not what we can become." -W. Shakespeare

xoxo


4 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower. I love your blog. Y'all are too cutE! I love that you took your littles to Paris. That's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Torrontes, too! Have you tried Phebus? You can find it at Total Wine, if you have one nearby. It's the best one I've tried so far. It also has a pretty label, white with a metallic dark blue star.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mona! Me too :)
    Henley on the Horn - thank you!
    lbrookscooks - I haven't tried Phebus - I will look for it, thanks!

    ReplyDelete