Monday, February 8, 2010

Boden Pre-Order: Crewneck Cardi & Embellished Flats {+ a little more on LE}


Way back in November I took advantage of Boden's 20% off + FS/FR offer and pre-ordered a couple of Spring items, the Favourite Crewneck Cardigan in Sealion Leopard and the Embellished Flats in Navy.

The crewneck I have already worn three times... it is soft, comfy, stretchy and I love the button detailing. I wore it over a navy tank with jeans and boots this first time in the pic. I ordered a UK size 10, which I think on the old size charts they translated to a large 4/small 6 US. The cardi is tagged UK 10/US 6 now that they are including US sizing. In J Crew I would normally order a Small or a 4 in a cardi or jacket. This is slightly roomier than a J Crew Small cardi would fit me. The fabric feels great on. If you are not sure what size to order, the Boden website actually gives dimensions specific to each garment in each size -- not just a general size chart. I love this feature!




Now the shoes... first of all... I ADORE these! The quality, the design, the detail... seriously the word "couture" sprang to mind when I first looked at the embellishment in person. Gray satin wraps across the toe of the shoe, topped with gorgeous grograin and sparklies. I ordered a 39 in these as I almost always wear an 8.5 or 39 and have a pair of peeptoe pumps from Boden from a few years back in a 39 that fit well. Well... I put my foot in and squoosh. My toes were right up against the edge of the shoe. I could probably hobble along okay but I want to get a lot of wear out of these. So the lovely 39s are on their way back to exchange for some size 40s. Please, Boden, don't sell out of my size and send them to their new home quickly! I can't wait to wear these! Oh, and thank you for the free returns.

These also come in silver and a pink that looks quite dark on my screen.




Also, I was in Lands' End again today. I know, I know... I just had to check on that Spring store-set. Well there was only one pair of the navy Tretorns in my size, so I bought them plus a couple other things - reviews & pics coming up next post!

Oh - And! There were stacks of coupons at the cashwrap for $15 off your $75 purchase. If you aren't offered one, be sure to ask about them - I did and the sales associate went back and adjusted my purchase. They are printed with individual (one time use it looks like) codes.

xoxo

11 comments:

  1. Those shoes and the cardi look lovely! I'm a recent Boden convert myself and so far am loving their look (another shop that reminds me of a more colorful and preppy J. Crew).

    I missed out on their 20% discount deal, but they've got lots of discounts floating around - EF29 gets you 15% off and F869 gets you 10% off - all with FS and FR of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous shoes! I have been looking for a pair of navy dressy flats and I might cave. Thanks for posting! I also like the cardigan on new, it looks very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Boden, but I have never ordered before because I was unsure of the sizing. I really love their items! They look like they are very high quality. I adore those shoes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa - thank you for sharing those codes!
    Ema - thanks - they really are gorgeous in person. I hope they are sending my new siza asap!
    Jennifer - I have been really impressed with their quality. I was concerned about sizing at first too but the free ship/returns takes some of the risk out of it and the garment measurements really are helpful :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad to see you got that Boden leopard cardigan too! I love that cardigan. It is incredibly comfortable. I started ordering from Boden last Spring/Summer, and this was the first knit/cardigan item I bought from them. I followed their chart - and it is a bit on the roomy side, but it doesn't look bad. I wonder how it will be after it is washed or cleaned? I like how you paired it with navy. I've only worn it with black and brown - w/ jeans, but I like the navy idea too. Thank you for your reviews. Glad to hear you like their shoes as well. I haven't ventured to their shoes yet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your lovely Boden purchases! The cardigan is so cute and the shoes are just dreamy!

    Thanks to your Saturday review, I checked out LE section at my local Sears today and tried on a couple of things. I really liked the LE quality!

    I also picked up the $15 off coupon! Was going to post about it but saw that you already did!

    Hope you are having a great start to your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those flats are jewels for your toes - love them :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those navy Boden flats are adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Love the Boden! I've bought tons of Boden for my boys - I really love the unique style for boys and the quality is so good! I recently began buying Boden for myself and they've come to be staples in my work wardrobe, especially the jersey and wrap dresses. So effortlessly chic! Thanks so much for the review on the shoes! I haven't taken the plunge into Boden shoes yet but your review definitely gives me the confidence to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Suzy, Stephanie and Heidi - thanks for stopping by!
    Mona - I agree on the quality. Glad you got a coupon!
    Michelle - I love Boden's childrens clothes too... they make the cutest little shirts and my son loves those soft plaid flannel cargo pants.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey! I am finally catching up on blog reads...

    Love the flats. I may cave. I just may cave. I needed to see them in real life, and they live up to what I expected. :)

    ReplyDelete