Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Wine Line-Up


So all of these wines had little pictures of turkeys in front of them on the shelf indicating that they were good matches for a traditional Thanksgiving dinner (wasn't sure what people would feel like so I bought a selection).  Bogle & Kris I've tried, but I thought I'd share these four local grocery's recommendations!  We of course always have some Martinelli's sparkling cider on hand too.  These were all reasonably priced - marked-down to $9.99 - $10.99.


Cono Sur Pinot Noir (Chile), Bogle Zinfandel (California), Barnard Griffin Rose (Washington State), Kris Pinot Grigio (Italy)

Things are crazy busy around the Sweet Tea household as I'm sure they are with you all too - so sporadic posting over the next few days.  I do hope to share a couple of my favorite appetizer recipes (which are good any time of year but I am making them Thursday) from my favorite Junior League cookbook, so stay tuned!

Cheers!

xoxo

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the suggestions! always looking for new yummy wines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had the Bogle Zin, but I have had many Bogles and have never been disappointed. And give me any Chilean wine... Oh Heck, give me any wine ;)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and I love it!

    I’m a huge fan of Pinot Noir, so I may have to try the Cono Sur. One of my bff’s last name is “Bogle”, so she buys that brand of wine just because of it. I hope you enjoy them all and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We've had the Kris Pinot Noir and love it. Also, you must try Next and A to Z Pinot Noir! They are both wonderful! It's hard to branch out when you find something you love!

    ReplyDelete