Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eddie Bauer Down Event {+ more great deals!}



I finally made it into Eddie Bauer this morning to pick out some cozy new down outerwear for the season.  I received a catalog notifying me of the temporary promos on a lot of their down jackets/vests which also included a coupon for 20% off my entire purchase - so I knew this was the perfect time to get some cozy outwear. (The online code is HOLRESTW9 and that is good through November 9th.)

In addition to the down event, clearance merchandise was marked down an additional 30% off today, so I got a couple other great deals.

This cardigan is super warm and substantial 85% cotton, 15% merino wool.  I'd been eyeing this for awhile, and for under $30 it was an amazing deal and a  must-have:


Fair Isle Shawl Collar Cardigan (size S) - reg $89, sale $49.99, $35.01 after 30%, $28.01 after coupon

I love the detail at the back waist:


I also scored this woven pintuck shirt (regularly $44.50) for $8.38 after the markdown + coupon.  That's less than two grande pumpkin spice lattes.  This is lovely quality and is going to be great with some dark slim jeans tucked into my cognac Intyce boots and a scarf.



Now, onto the real reason I went in today:

Yukon Classic Down Vest in Mocha - regularly $79, promo'd to $59, less 20% with coupon/code


I *love* the snap tabs at the sides.  I mean, seriously, I'm wearing 700 fill down here and actually have a bit of a waist.

Year Round Sporting Jacket in Black - $89.00  

This one is not promo'd but I did get 20% off with the coupon.  I've been looking at Burberry quilted jackets on and off for a couple years now.  Last winter I seemed to be between sizes and just couldn't find the right fit on one jacket I liked at Nordstrom.  I do love the fit of this one and the price is definitely more attractive (and will still look great with my Burberry scarf).  It is lighter-weight 550 fill and has a snap vent at the back.  The lining is tan for a nice contrast.  Again, it has a waist defining feature to give you some shape - a little elastic cord which is adjustable from the inside. Love.

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Good finds at Eddie Bauer! I don't go there much but your post has inspired me! Hope you're having a fantastic evening! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your finds from Eddie Bauer.

    I have issues with the Burberry quilted jackets too. Every time I finally go to buy one I am between sizes or the sleeves aren't long enough but the fit on the waist is good. I always get so frustrated. I can only do their puffer style jackets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fair isle cardi. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your picks but especially the sporting jacket, it looks so stilish! You don't really need a Burberry now!
    I always compare prices of clothes to the price of a latte (well, cappuccino in my case). If something is two cappuccinos, if I don't drink cappuccino for two days, me think, basically I have repaid it lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, some great deals you got. I don't really go to EB much. But, the cardi is cute on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brown Eyed Belle, Gigi, and Caliglam - thank you :)
    Summerilla - so it isn't just me! I just could not get one of those Burberry quilted jackets to fit me right. Love, love the scarves though!!
    Ema - I like your logic (and totally relate)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great deals on down! I just rec'd an EB coupon it was on my list of stores to check out this Friday. Thanks for the heads up on the sales!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are amazing items, and great deals for sure! :) I never can find that kind of thing when I'm out. Grr. I came here because of the name of your blog. I love it! Sweet tea...there is nothing like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you got some great deals in Eddie Bauer! I love their sweaters!

    By the way, November issue of Oprah magazine has the code for 15% off + free shipping on your purchase at Eddie Bauer. You can use the code as many times as you like and it is valid until November 15th.

    ReplyDelete