Sunday, October 4, 2009

Back to Vegas


shopping at The Forum

So I had promised a third post from our recent trip to Las Vegas because I wanted to mention the amazing food at Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill along with one more OOTD so here goes:

First off, this restaurant was great - I will definitely visit next time we go to Las Vegas. I started off with the Pomegranate Martini which the waiter said was "Bobby's favorite" and went on to choose from the prix fixe menu.

shrimp & tamale appetizer

16 spice chicken - I must learn to make this - it was amazing

grilled shortcake with strawberries & gooseberries - again, yum!

So if you read my blog you know that right after this dinner we headed over to the Coliseum where I thought we had 10th row seats to Cher but ended up being front row center. (I won't subject y'all to that story again but I am still smiling thinking about it.)

So anyway here is what I wore the next day:


J Crew top, ATL cardi in ivory, ATL pants in black, black TB Revas, Gucci sunnies, Michele watch


And a snap of that crazy big project they are building on the strip right now. Notice the super modern facade for the Louis Vuitton... see the LV logo right above that first palm tree?... Quite different from the Paris stores. I will have to get back to see all this when it is finished!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I have friends who are trying to drag me to Vegas for New Years... but I'm still undecided. Seeing your pics makes me want to go! I'm like you with flying though, not a huge fan. I'll do it if I have to but I don't really enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your trip looks like it was a lot of fun! The food looks amazing at Mesa Grill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bobby Flay! How fun to eat at his restaurant. Love the outfit, too - I saw that cami at the crewlet last December and almost got it...but the line was way too long at the registers. I regret not getting it!

    What a fun trip you all had!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Summerilla - I really think you should go! I bet you would have such a great time. I never thought of myself as someone who would enjoy Vegas and Hubby & I don't gamble but we had such a great time. Just the amazing restaurants & glitzy glam shopping makes me want to go back. On top of that there are so many amazing shows. New Years there must be over the top! :)
    Chanel Fashionista - me too!
    Amanda - it was so good - I wonder if I can learn to make something remotely similar!
    Heidi - me too! thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun post, seeing your pic's from Vegas. Glad you and hubby had a great time:) What an adorable top, in this picture. Looks super cute with black pants...and black TB reva flats..which I still want....maybe the ones with the silver logo, though........

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think we were in Vegas at the same time!! My hubby and I go to vegas every September for the past 9 years. We just love it! Love your blog, I read it all the time but have never commented:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! It looks like you had an amazing trip! My husband and I are going to Vegas next year for a business conference for Arbonne International. I can't wait!! Your outfits look great. And the Forum...need I say more?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. mrs.a - thanks! yes I know hard to decide gold or silver... both are great.
    musthavejcrew - thanks! how fun! I think an annual trip is a great idea. So many fun restaurants & shows.
    OneFashionistaDiva - have a fabulous time - I'm sure you will!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a vegas lover! Love to shop there...especially the Forum Shops! I'm off to become a new follower of your darling blog! Love the outfits!

    ReplyDelete