Sunday, May 31, 2009

{one more birthday week post}


With the whirlwind, emotional trip to Florida, I didn't get around to the rest of my posting about birthday-week.  I wanted to share the sweet gifts from my little ones...

Hubby got me kate spade's tulip Quinn, and inside was this box, which held a gold Juicy charm bracelet.

My oldest daughter gave me an orange charm, because I had mentioned seeing it and she new I'd like it.  Ends up, it also will be a reminder of the Florida trip, what with those fabulous Florida oranges and all.  She is not a big shopper like my younger daughter, but she has a great memory for details and I thought it was so sweet she remembered that I liked this.

My son picked out a daisy bunch charm.  Any mom out there knows that the most beautiful bouquet you will ever, ever, EV-ER receive is a little bunch of dandelions or daisies freshly picked from a patch of grass and offered up in the sweet little hand of your child.  We cannot pass a patch of grass this time of year without my son picking dandelions or daisies for me... and I know it won't always be like this.  So, I love that he chose this for me and I will always remember these days.

My younger daughter is a Shopper.  Her favorite place is Nordstrom and I think she could live there for a good month,  with the cafe and all.  My husband took each child out separately and when it was her turn she spent most of her time in the perfume section, trying out about thirty different scents.  (She came home smelling quite flowery by the way.)  Here is what she chose; I wouldn't have thought of it myself, but this is what I will be smelling like for the next year (roses and lavender, mostly):


9 comments:

  1. Such a charm-ing gift! I've been working on a post about the beauty of charm bracelets and the way they can capture and hold memories. Well done to hubby and the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great birthday presents from the little ones and hubby! Glad you all had a good trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very sweet posting of what your darlings and hubby got your for your bday......hope all is well, glad you had a nice trip with family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I have the Vera perfume also!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so cute that he took them out separately. Awwww...

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, especially the daisy bouquet. What a great idea to offer you a bracelet and let the kids pick a charm each!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and very special charm bracelet! I love that your hubby let them each pick out a gift for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the charms and bracelet from the kids. So sweet. And Juicy has so many whimsical charms to add, how fun!
    The daisy charm reminds me of a pin my brother bought for my mother when he was little...a basket of flowers. Its a good thing when boys learn to give flowers (and jewelry) at a young age!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great bracelet and the charms they chose are so sweet! I love charm bracelets and recently stared my own. I hope you enjoy the perfume! Did you ever get a chance to try the new Prada? I haven't seen it in stores here yet.

    ReplyDelete