Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kimberly Snyder's Glowing Green Smoothie




Last night I ate horribly... fish and chips doused in malt vinegar with tartar sauce and two glasses of chardonnay, preceded by onion rings and followed by a chocolate and peanut butter sundae.

It was fantastic.

And this morning I feel yucky. So I'm going to take my vitamins and eat really well today, starting with the Glowing Green Smoothie I recently read about in People StyleWatch's July issue, p. 135. (You never know where you're going to find a good smoothie recipe.)

It's nutritionist Kimberly Snyder's signature smoothie (she posted her recipe on her blog here... it is a little different from the one published in StyleWatch that I went by), and to make it you need:


1 1/2 c water
a head of romaine lettuce, chopped (I'm using about 10 oz from a pre-washed bag)
3-4 stalks of celery
1 apple, cored & chopped (I'm using a Fuji)
1 pear, cored & chopped (I'm using a D'Anjou)
juice from 1/2 a fresh lemon

Combine it all in a blender or food processor - this makes 2-4 servings.


It's called Glowing Green because the enzyme-rich fruits and vegetables are supposed to give your skin a glow. I need it.

I feel better already.


I'd never thought about lettuce in a smoothie but I really like it combined with the fruit and celery. It's very refreshing and the lemon adds just a little bit of citrusy tang. I love cilantro so I think I'll include that next time.

How do you make it up to yourself after a night of bad eating?

xoxo



6 comments:

  1. Was it Ivar's?? I SO miss Ivar's! :)

    The morning after, I have a Berocca & feel loads better!

    Cheers!
    lottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fish and chips sounds delicious! But when I have a bad eating day, I usually try to start the next morning off right with a grapefruit sprinkled with splenda to kick start my metabolism for the day.

    www.sarahandthecityblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds DELISH. I agree with Sarah Mina- I try and get right back on the health bandwagon after a bad night. It happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glowing Green looks delicious. Your meal of fish and chips sounds naughty but nice!
    Glad that you feel better now!

    If I have eaten poorly I drink lots of water the next day and eat salads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do salad & water the next day, too. I also like started the day off with hot water + lemon. Fish & chips sound good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i will check out her blog-thanks. I have all kinds of green smoothies and juice- love them. The lettuce is refreshing!

    ReplyDelete