Saturday, September 18, 2010

Skillet Cajun Vegetarian Pasta



This is adapted from the Cajun Chicken Pasta recipe from Southern Living Magazine.

You need:
12 oz pkg of linguine
Cajun seasoning - 1 Tbsp to 1/4 tsp... 1 Tbsp makes it pretty spicy
butter or olive oil for sauteeing the vegetables
1 pkg of frozen pepper slices (like a stir-fry mix)
8 oz of sliced fresh mushrooms
green onions (2 to a bunch), sliced
1.5 c half-and-half
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp lemon pepper
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp garlic powder

Cook the pasta according to package directions and saute the peppers, mushrooms and green onions until tender.


Stir in the half-and-half; add Cajun seasoning, salt, lemon pepper, dried basil and garlic powder, and cook on medium-low another 3-4 minutes.

Add to the linguine and toss to coat. Garnish with a little more sliced green onion.


Happy Weekend!

xoxo

8 comments:

  1. I have every ingredient in my house right now!!! I know what's for dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicous. You seem to be great in the kitchen. I cooked my first roast last night and it turned out pretty good - leg of lamb. Do you have any good lamb recipes you could share? I have leftovers and another leg of lamb in the freezer and want to add a bit of punch next time - it was a bit plain. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this last night for supper but added chicken fillets to mine and used 1% milk with 7% sour cream for the sauce. It was fabulous! Thanks for the recipe!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Henley, Tricia & Beth - thanks so much for stopping by :)
    cK - so glad it turned out for you!
    LadySmith - thank you! I can get by with not-too-difficult recipes :) I'm pretty much limited to vegetarian, seafood and chicken though... one of my children is a vegetarian and another doesn't like beef/pork - so I don't have any ideas on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just checked out your blog and love all your posts!! That pasta looks delish!

    ReplyDelete