Friday, July 23, 2010

The Empress



Our most recent trip to Victoria was an early birthday trip for Grandma so we booked a beautiful two bedroom suite at The Empress. It was actually three rooms that interconnected and were separately accessible from a private section of hallway... all of it decorated so beautifully -- and with an amazing view. (I have the sweetest mother-in-law in the world but it's never a bad thing to have some space when traveling with family. :) )

We did eat at Willie's (where Grandma had a huge slice of carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for breakfast - go Grandma!) and Pescatores ( I had the Scallop Carbonara, 1/2 order and Bananas Foster - both were delicious), shop for candy, and visit Miniature World and The Wax Museum this time around, but really, my children just had the best time playing hide-and-seek with Grandma in the rooms, going down to the pool, snacking, watching a couple movies, and just hanging out as a family. I asked my 5 yr old son if he would like to stay there. His response?

...

"Sell the house!"

LOL

So here are some pictures of this gorgeous historic hotel:













our little seagull friend who came to visit...

...I wonder why? ...

Happy Friday!

xoxo

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful hotel!!! It looks and sounds like everyone had a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stayed at the Empress several years ago with my kids. I didn't ask, but I'm sure they would have wanted to live there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. On a trip to Seattle one year, Hubs and I took a sea plane to Victoria for the day and had tea at the Empress. Still one of the most amazing high tea experiences ever. The setting is idyllic and everything was perfect. Loved looking at your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I think I'd sell my house too, lol. Gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bananas Foster is David Fosters' mothers recipe...
    David and I went to the same school.
    He has a home back here again...haven't seen him about town.

    So happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit.

    When we stay In Vancouver the seagulls visit our rooms too...local charm I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that is what I call "fine and happy living!"
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an incredible hotel- I must add it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What can I say?? Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous hotel room and view and food and everything!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you so much everyone for stopping by!
    hostess of the humble bungalow - very cool! I love Bananas Foster. I had no idea it was a local Victoria recipe :)

    ReplyDelete