Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Fuchsia & Coffee Bean Lipsticks {+ a little sale shopping}


Revlon Lipstick 030 Fuchsia and Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Pearl in 300 Coffee Bean

I noticed a couple lipstick colors in the March issue of InStyle and thought I'd give them a try. I usually go pretty neutral, with Bobbi Brown's Brownie 33 being my current fave -- though for Spring I am switching to the lighter, pinker, more coral-y Jersey Rose 77 by Chanel... post on that coming up, (and thank you to Heidi for this post!)

These are the lipstick pics from March's InStyle that caught my eye. (Later I noticed a picture of Natalie Portman somewhere in Dior's Star Fuchsia which is photographed just to the right of Revlon's Fuchsia):



Here are a couple pics of the two new hues with my two current neutrals - first one with a flash, second without.

L to R: Revlon Fuchsia, Revlon Coffee Bean, Bobbi Brown Brownie, Chanel Jersey Rose



Here is the Fuschia color on... it was difficult for me to photograph the true color and to me it is much brighter IRL than it looks on my screen. My manicure is OPI "Do You Think I'm Tex-y" for comparison. This lipstick is very pigmented and when I wear I'll apply lightly with a brush, blot, and add a little gloss to soften. More of an evening color for me, but a nice bright & happy alternative to my usual neutrals.


Here is the Coffee Bean. Again, more of an evening color for me. Very pearlized and cinnamon-y/copper-y. I don't think this needs a gloss. I like this more for Fall/Winter.


In recent clothes shopping news, my Lands' End Canvas order arrived (quickly!) and the quality is beautiful. I'll post some pics soon. This morning I ordered the Siren Dress from J Crew in the Smoldering Brick color, after seeing some great info on the dress on one of Handbag Aficionado's Polyvore sets. (J Crew is currently offering 30% off Final Sale over at jcrew.com and 1.5% back through ebates.) I'm hoping this will work well for a trip to Hawaii we have this Spring. :)

Anyone else shopping FS?

J Crew's dress, J Crew's picture

Happy Wednesday!

xoxo



7 comments:

  1. New poster! I've worn Coffee Bean for years now and I've always loved it. I have dark brown hair and light to medium skin tone, so I always thought of it as a neutral. It looks nice on you!

    I recently bought Loreal's Beige (Linda Evangelista signature color) 809. While the name "beige" makes it sound muddy and dull, I love the pinkish-brown color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ginastorm - Thanks! I will look for the Beige - sounds like we have similar coloring and I like pinkish-browns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of getting the siren dress- but I'm scared it will bite me in the butt for ordering FS. I haven't seen any JCA's recommend sizing yet...to size down bc of xxsmall or to stay TS? who knows?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devon - Handbag Aficionado said on Polyvore that she found it TTS... I ordered my usual Small and if it needs to be adjusted, hopefully it won't be too difficult to take in a bit. I may have to have it hemmed anyway as I'm just shy of 5'5". I'll do a review when it gets here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there.. It's Beth in Va.
    Question not related to this post.
    When you all went to Hawaii where did you stay?
    Four Seasons Maui?
    I can't remember? Let me know what you think if you stated there... And if not there... Where and what you thought about that place.

    Thanks
    Just remembered that you all travel a lot and wanted your opinion.
    (We have been to Maui before.... About 10 yrs ago)

    Beth
    Richmond, Va.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth! Last year we were on Oahu. It's been about 3 years since Maui but we've stayed at both the Ritz Carlton (north, quiet and not much around unless you golf, but very nice) and the Westin Kaanapali (busy, beautiful grounds/pools and easy walk to shopping and restaurants). The Westin room we had was small but very modern. I remember thinking that the rails on the balcony were too wide (my son was about 2 at the time so it worried me) If we go to Maui again I think I would choose that Kaanapali area - the kids would have more fun there. Sorry, I don't know about the FS. Are you heading over soon? We'll be back in April, but to Oahu again :) Enjoy your travels! Nice to hear from you :)

    ReplyDelete