Saturday, March 12, 2011

Winter Vancouver Trip


Here are some pics from our quick little getaway to Vancouver. For the past three years we've stayed at the Sutton Place Hotel on Burrard for a weekend - they have a section, La Grande Residence, with small apartments perfect for families or extended stays. We were in a two bedroom/two bath with a living room, dining area, small kitchen, and a little balcony from which to view the snowy city:


We swam at the hotel pool, ate and shopped...

linguine with crab, roasted peppers, artichokes and cream at Zefferelli's on Robson
(I started with a "pompelmo" cocktail - stoli vodka, triple sec & grapefruit.)


plate of treats from the chocolate buffet at Fleuri Restaurant


My girls found some cute things at Zara. The separate sections of coordinating displays were great and I found myself getting some inspiration for outfit ideas for myself...


Here are some out-of-control caramel apples at Rocky Mountain Chocolate... seriously... look at that s'mores one on the lower right.


...I got one of those apple pie ones with the cinnamon sugar on the left.


They even had chocolate bunny and chick apples... getting ready for Easter.


We also stopped at Lush for some bath bombs and had a look around Louis Vuitton on Burrard but didn't buy anything. I think the best pricing is in France so am waiting - since we will be flying through CDG three times this summer - if I do buy anything LV this year.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

xoxo

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun was had by all! Never heard of Robson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by! And oops sorry - the LV there is on Burrard but Zara, Zefferelli's etc are on Robson St. I'll change it in the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all of these well....
    your pasta looks delish and the chocolates YUM!

    Did you go to Holt Renfrew? Hermes?
    Do you ever venture to South Granville? It's another great street for shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see my old office building right outside from that balcony picture! Love your blog, new reader btw :) I'm glad you love visiting my old hometown so often. (Deleted my first comment due to all my spelling errors) lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely trip!I keep hearing about Lush products. Do you have a favorite?

    I live in Spokane and we have a Rocky Mountain Chocolate store here and have never been inside. Obviously..... I have been missing out on some amazing treats! Thanks for the great photos.

    www.hotpinkcombatboots.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh those candy apples look amazing!
    Sounds like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. hostess - no - we will have to go there sometime! I do have plans to shop a little Hermes this summer :)
    Andriea - thank you! How fun to see your old building pop up on a blog! I know how it is to miss a place. Thanks for commenting :)
    Hot Pink Combat Boots - thanks for visiting! I don't really have a favorite from the different ones we've tried & I didn't get anything for myself this time but next time I'd like to try the Sicillian (orange) and the Avobath (lemongrass/avocado). My oldest daughter chose the Sweetie Pie bath jelly and it is super candy-sweet smelling. We love stopping in at RMC - the apples are so creative (& delicious).
    Elizabeth - they are! Thanks for stopping by!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW-- looks like SUCH fun! I've always wanted to go to Vancouver, now I think I should go sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete