Saturday, August 4, 2012

L. K. Bennett Cilla in Latte Patent {+ a Zara impulse buy}


One of my must-visits in Atlanta is L.K. Bennett at Phipps... kind of like The World of Coca-Cola for my kids.  So in July, I stopped in and shopped, finding this Cilla wedge and a pretty suede court I'll review next.

Last summer the sale section at LKB was quite a bit bigger and the prices seemed generally lower. I think I was there in August last time, though, so maybe styles will be added.  Pricing in-store is different than online.  These Cillas were priced in-store at $162.50 - down from $325, so not bad... but I saw them priced at 55 GBP online (around $86).

If you order online from the US though, you pay worldwide shipping. For LKB, that's 45 GBP for your first item (around $70... yes seventy dollars) and about $12 for each additional item.  (It's less within Europe.) You can, however, call a US store to see if an item is in stock and they will ship.  My two pairs were $17 for UPS ground and took about a week to cross the country.

I have been very happy with the LKBs I've purchased and I'm happy to see that Nordstrom is expanding their selection.  Since they offer everyday free shipping, I will be certainly be checking in with them for my LKB collection updates also.

I bought these in my usual 39.  That typically works for me for their wedges, courts, and flats.  I've had to size up to a 40 only one time in a peep-toe wedge that the SAs advised me was running small.

As of this morning, the latte color is still available at LK Bennett online in sizes 37-41, at the sale price.  It also comes in a beautiful red glossy patent which I saw in-store that is sold out at LKB online.  The red is still available here.

I wore these yesterday with boyfriend denim and a white linen blouse.  They were very comfortable and I received a few compliments.  The wedge is about 4" but the 1" platform makes them very walkable.  Good in a shoe, right? :-) My OPI Atomic Orange pedicure may have clashed, but it didn't bother me.











Also, I rarely impulse shop... I usually think about wardrobe additions longer than three minutes... but last night @whatkatewore tweeted about a red blazer the Duchess of Cambridge wore to an Olympic event and I hopped on over to zara.com as soon as I saw it.  I love the look of a blazer and I currently have an eye out for a classic navy one for Fall... but I don't have red either.  So this one from Zara is on it's way.  I'll post pics when it gets here.  Thanks, What Kate Wore! As of this morning, it is shown as sold out in S and M (I ordered a M) but it says "BACK SOON!" next to those sizes... so check back if you'd like one.  I'm sure Zara is getting used to that Kate-sell-out-effect by now and hopefully everyone who is placing an order will get their red jacket.

Happy Weekend!

xoxo




14 comments:

  1. what kind of skin tone would you say matches the latte patent shade? i wear an NC45 in mac foundation and have been searching for the perfect nude heel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I'm not familiar with the mac foundation colors. My foundation is Chanel Cendre 30 and my skin tone matches more with LKB's taupe which I have in the Maddox. The latte is darker and really does look to me like a latte color :) I hope this helps a little... and hope you find the right shoe!

      Delete
  2. those shoes are fab!!! I love wedges and esp the ones that have a little something extra!!!

    Rosalyn
    My Fancy Pants
    www.just2fancy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nails with the shoes - I think it provides a nice bright color highlight whereas a nude toe would have looked off... and I cannot wait to see what you pair with your Zara blazer. I just worry about getting a $100 blazer and then it being paired all French/patriotic on me (totally unoriginal, ZZZ looks). XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The blazer has shipped... already starting to think how to wear... :-) xx

      Delete
  4. I like the polish w/the shoes. Those are some cute wedges.

    Question -- what size did you take in the Gap star print icon sweater? Assuming you bought it for yourself...TIA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi! Thanks :-) No... I bought it for my 10 year old. But I'm sure some of those larger girls sizes would work... may go take a second look.

      Delete
    2. Thank you. Kids are bigger these days, so I find some of the XL, XXL items to fit.

      Delete