Friday, April 27, 2012

Badia di Pomaio

Last summer's Italian vacation was planned mainly to see Pompeii (which I started reading about and had been dreaming of seeing since 3rd grade) and to take the kids to see Rome... so Rome and south were the agenda.

Then I heard about the Prada outlet.

It's located in Montevarchi, in Tuscany, so I orchestrated a little side trip a bit north.  Arezzo looked to be a good base in the area and I found many hotel options, settling on Badia di Pomaio.  I am so glad we made this excursion out of Rome.  What we saw of Tuscany was amazing, and Badia di Pomaio is an absolute gem.  This former abbey (1645) is located up a hill off of a very (possibly slightly scary to some) windy road.  The views of the landscape and the grounds were gorgeous, our rooms (Rosa and Narcisco) were lovely, and the staff was absolutely delightful and truly made our stay an amazing experience.  We had supper outside in the courtyard twice and it was wonderful.  Our children really enjoyed the pool.  It was not a bad drive to the Prada outlet, either (up next).

Here are some pics:




















Happy Friday!

xoxo

14 comments:

  1. Nice post! I want to spend my summer holidays in Tuscany this year. Looking forward to more info about the Prada outlet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful hotel! Very charming.

    Can't wait to hear about the Prada outlet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just oozes with charm.
    Tuscany seems to have such warmth and the sun must shine 24/7 as I have yet to see a rainy picture of that area!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi! I have loved your blog and your style forever, and like you I am a mom of 3! I finally started my own little fashion blog... I share your love of J.Crew, Anthro, and Lilly Pulitzer! I would love for you to take a look! www.colorfulcorporate.blogspot.com
    Thanks!
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I've followed your blog too :)

      Delete
  5. Lovely photos, as usual! Thanks for sharing with all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Sparrows & Sparkle,
    what a good idea to make that trip, too! The hotel looks very fine (I jotted it down into my little notebook - one never knows - and we love Italy too). I am looking foreward to your next post! Britta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful place... wouldn't mind going back :)

      Delete
  7. Fab photos. I knew this all along, but it really just hit me how lucky your kids are to have such great travel exposure. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete